Counselling and Psychotherapy in Winchester Hampshire
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I work in a safe confidential and non-judgmental way. Following an initial assessment we will agree together the best approach for you whether short term focused counselling or longer term work. I am careful to explore both the concerns that may be affecting you as well as the areas of your life that are going well. It is from this healthy place of building on existing strengths that positive and growthful therapy can flourish. I remain interested in all facets of the individual paying as much attention to their spiritual journey as I do all other aspects of their life.
I offer both face to face and telephone consultations.
What Conditions can therapy help?
Counselling and Psychotherapy can be a very helpful for those people who believe that they could have a better quality of life. They may feel dissatisfied in some way yet are unsure about how to make any changes. Most people experience emotional problems at some stage of their life which often becomes resolved without outside help. However sometimes these concerns or worries persist when current issues have stirred up feelings from the past.
Emotional problems may be experienced in a variety of ways:
* Concerns over eating which may lead to disorders
* Coping with loss such as bereavement infertility divorce or a job
* Excessive shyness or a lack of confidence or feelings of underachieving
* Extreme mood swings which begin to affect daily life
* Feelings of anxiety and an inability to cope or concentrate
* Feelings of emptiness sadness or depression
* Physical symptoms which can be a result of distress
* Relationship difficulties for couples either in making or sustaining them
* Repeatedly becoming involved in unsatisfying or destructive relationships
* Sexual concerns can frequently be helped by talking with a therapist
* Family problems which can affect the children and parents
I take an interest in our natural world and believe strongly in the importance of balance and harmony in our lives as well as the effect that the environment can have on us. Counselling and psychotherapy takes place in a private and quiet room close to the beautiful Cathedral City of Winchester with easy road links across Hampshire.